Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
About the position
The most promising opportunities for a challenging, exciting career lie in the booming fields of green energy innovation. If you want to join a company that is on the cutting edge of new energy innovation and you have fork truck, pallet jack, and shipping/receiving material handling experience, then you need to contact Proton OnSite.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Operate fork truck to move various items at the facility and on/off delivery vehicles.
- Take possession of packages from shipping companies.
- Sign for deliveries
- Inspect parcels for any shipping damage and make notes as such with drivers
- Use ERP software to receive in purchased goods and correctly locate and maintain inventory locations.
- Interact with the Buyer/Planners to assure correct items have been received from vendors.
- Work through vendor inaccuracies once familiar with the process and software
- Accurate in all receiving transactions to ensure inventory accuracy
- Unpackage and move materials as required.
- Learn ERP software for shipping orders to act as back-up to Shipping Tech.
- Pick kits for service shipments as required.
- Notify Buyer/Planners of part shortages.
- Work with core team on implementation of bar coding.
- Perform inventory counts as required.
- Assist in inspection activities.
- Follow all required safety regulations.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
Qualifications and experience
- High School Diploma
- One year qualified safe fork truck and pallet jack operation.
- One year performing Shipping and Receiving duties in a production environment
- Experience with Bar Coding implementation very helpful
- MS Windows® Office® experience is required.
- Epicor Vantage® ERP software experience a plus.
Other competencies and personal skills
- Good computer and basic math skills is required
- Good English communication skills, both spoken and written
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be:
- A self-starter
- Able to work independently
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What will you get from working with us?
Proton OnSite provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees. The Company also offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays. The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.