Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Hydrogen… the most abundant element in the universe is your ticket to a rewarding future. Every day there are reports of how hydrogen (produced by water electrolysis and renewable energy sources) is displacing fossil fuels, reducing greenhouse gasses, and helping to revitalize our planet.
If you are driven by personal initiative combined with loyalty and commitment to your team and the ability to convert complex issues into simple solutions, then we want to talk to you. Help make the world a better place. Join a company that is on the cutting edge of new energy innovations, with an energized, progressive culture.
About the position
An immediate opportunity exists for a Cell Stack Electro-Mechanical Assembler that will have the responsibility for the fabrication, assembly and testing of cell components and stacks using a variety of tools and equipment.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Fabricate and assemble cell components by following written work instructions. Accurately assemble and functionally test electrolyzer cells stacks for gas generation and power generation.
- Ability to handle compressed gases
- Utilize handheld tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools
- Package components and/or stacks for shipment
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Pull and kit components for assembly jobs and maintain inventory of product in workstations
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and adhere to Nel Hydrogen’s safety practices and policies
- Rework and/or repair stacks per engineering instructions
- Perform component inspection in support of Receiving Inspection
- Provide input to Engineering and Operations on product and process improvements
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines as required
- Complete all tasks as directed with minimal supervision
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A strong professional work ethic with practical manufacturing, assembly and quality experience
- Ability to work in a strong team environment with a personal commitment for attention to details to produce the highest quality products
- Personally, embrace and engage in continuous improvement initiatives that will improve product quality and reduce product costs
- Desire for personal growth by learning various manufacturing processes, assembly operations and the product technologies
Qualifications and experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Aptitude for “hands-on” and mechanical processes with 2 - 5 years mechanical assembly experience (electrolyzer or fuel cell experience preferred)
- Proficient with use of computers and demonstrated use of Microsoft Office and MRP software
- Relevant technical training or certifications is preferred
- Hoist and pallet lifting equipment operation experience is preferred
Other competencies and personal skills
- Ability to perform work accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner
- Strong critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Good English verbal, reading, and writing language skills
- High attention to detail, teamwork and being self-motivated is a must
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Light physical effort with frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials, use of hand tools and specialty equipment
- Standing, and bending required during a typical eight-hour workday
- Occasionally lifting components up to approximately fifty pounds may be required
- Possess a full range of manual dexterity to handle chemicals and thin sheets of materials
- Ability to use hand lift trucks to move materials in, around and out of the area
- Vision abilities to be able to perform intricate assembly and inspection operations
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
What will you get from working with us?
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.