Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
About the position
The Head of Group IS/IT reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in Nel ASA leading the global operation and development of Nel’s IS/IT. In this capacity, he/she develops and executes the digital vision for the company, including cybersecurity.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the following IS/IT areas in Nel, globally across all products and business areas:
- Digital strategy and direction
- Information risk and cyber security
- Governance and enterprise architecture, covering following areas:
- Ensure harmonization of technology tools and platforms
- Digitalization portfolio and project management
- Compliance with Nel’s corporate stipulations, legal and regulatory requirements
- For global or central services, the Head of Group IS/IT is additionally responsible for tactical and operational IS/IT services including infrastructure, applications and projects:
- Service development and life cycle management, including innovation
- Operational excellence in IS/IT through continuous improvement
- Optimal operational integration across Nel
- The Head of Group IS/IT ensures adequate IS cost control in Nel and takes responsibility for common technology and solutions across the value chain. A key responsibility is to achieve benefits of scale and integration beyond what each business can obtain by themselves.
- Build and deliver hassle - free quality services at highest value for cost
- Avoid or system duplication and fragmentation
- Define, organize and implement optimal cybersecurity
- Build modern platforms to enable Nel’s business assets performing at their best
- Develop and enhance digital collaboration
- Put governance frameworks and controls in place to ensure compliance
- Provide harmonized data, information and insight across the company and customer base
- Identify and realize business opportunities through digital technology
- Work according to NBS in own department and across the organization for area of responsibilities
- Support Nel policies on HES and Quality
Qualifications and experience
- Education at Master level
- Deep experience within IT strategy and IT management in a global, industrial setting
- Have broad and documented leadership experience in or outside Nel
- Show analytical and systematic abilities
- Show ability to motivate and inspire employees
- Show ability to reach ambitious strategic, financial and operational targets
- Show ability to establish contacts and build relations internally as well as externally
Other competencies and personal skills
- Strategic thinking
- Customer and service oriented
- Analytic and with ability to have the overview
- Good communication, cooperation and presentation skills (in English)
- Focus on details while at the same time navigate according to the overall objectives
- Ability to implement
- Behave according to the “Nel Values”
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong IT team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
- Our office is located in Karenslyst Allé, close to all public transport at Skøyen. We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.