Hydrogen… the most abundant element in the universe is your ticket to a rewarding
future. Every day there are reports of how hydrogen (produced by water electrolysis
and renewable energy sources) is displacing fossil fuels, reducing greenhouse gasses,
and helping to revitalize our planet.
Nel Hydrogen is the global leader in on-site hydrogen generation and the largest electrolyser manufacturer in the world. Armed with a full portfolio of water electrolysers and hydrogen fueling station technologies, Nel Hydrogen is leading the charge into the new green hydrogen economy.
If you are driven by personal initiative combined with loyalty and commitment to your team and the ability to convert complex issues into simple solutions, then we want to talk to you. Help make the world a better place. Join a company that is on the cutting edge of new energy innovations, with an energized, progressive culture.
The Installation and Commissioning Technician at NEL Hydrogen will participate in the installation, commissioning, diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing megawatt and industrial scale equipment, mostly at customer sites. The role of an Installation and Commissioning Technician provides technical guidance and is expected to maintain and continuously improve technical equipment knowledge.
- Repair and commission machine systems and components
- Train customers on the proper equipment use and maintenance
- Complete reports and forms required with work assignments on time
- Communicate problems and solutions to supervisor and customers
- Utilize computer programs to effectively complete assignments
- Follow all safety rules and regulations when performing work duties
- Complete competency assessments as required
- Analyze customer complaints and identify solutions
- Support escalation of issues between Customer & Engineering
- Resolve technical issues via telephone when in the office.
- Provide periodic in-house support to our manufacturing and engineering teams.
- Present a positive and professional image
- Travel approximately 75% domestically and internationally. (Periodically, travel may reach 100%.)
- Provide after-hours customer support as needed
- Generate service business opportunities within our current Industrial fielded product base
High School Diploma
Relevant technical training as an electrician or mechanic
Associates degree in related field preferred, but not required
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 10 years demonstrated, hands-on experience in electromechanical equipment repair, including the ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and fluid process diagrams
- 10 years’ experience working directly with external customers in a field support role and be able to provide excellent customer service via the telephone and email
- Demonstrated experience with low and medium voltage equipment, and high-pressure gas systems
- Work well under pressure
- Able to work independently, with minor supervision
- Manage business travel arrangements efficiently
- Presentation skills required
- A structured, consistent process to documentation and following working procedures in a safe and efficient way
- General understanding of work safety procedures
- Familiar with basic Windows applications such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Current/nonexpired U.S. passport required
- Attention to Detail
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
- Flexible and have "drive"
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication-verbal and written
- Time Management; priority goals
- Planning and Organizing
- Ethical Practice
- Independent decision-making capabilities
Physical demands and abilities:
- Light physical effort with frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials and use of hand tools.
- Standing, kneeling, and bending required during a typical workday
- Occasionally lifting components up to approximately fifty pounds may be required
- Possess a full range of manual dexterity to assemble parts or pieces together quickly and accurately.
- Perform assembly operations in small and overhead spaces
- Vision abilities to be able to perform intricate repair operation
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short-term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.