Technologist – Process Engineer
Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Nel's technology department develops the next generation of technologies and products to support Nel's future business plans. The department has a global footprint with personnel and laboratory infrastructure in Norway, Denmark and the US. Important development areas include alkaline and PEM electrolysers and hydrogen fueling stations, both current and new technologies. Green hydrogen has been identified as one of the most important factors in supporting the reduction of CO2 emissions from traditional industry and transport. Development of new technologies and products adapted to operation with renewable energy such as wind and solar is seen as crucial to support the growth of the green hydrogen industry.
The technology department is now hiring. We are looking for highly motivated employees to grow the team. You will play an important role in the development activities and be a part of the team realizing the Nel R&D goals. The position reports to Technology Director at Nel Hydrogen Electrolyser.
Technologist - Process Engineer
Your most important responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Electrolyser test rig and process plant development
- Mass and energy balance, flow and other process calculations
- Develop PFD, P&ID, data sheets and specifications of process equipment
- Responsible for the documentation of the existing test rig and process plants
- Support the Nel Operations department.
- Lead and participate in HAZOP/HAZID and risk assessments
- Participate in development projects
- Participate in R&D process development
Preferred educational background and professional experience:
- Engineer PhD/MSc.
- Experience from similar work
- Experience from technology/product development.
- Master different programming languages. E.g. MATLAB/SIMULA, Hysys, Unisim, E3, K-Spice etc.
- Process documentation templates and procedures
- ISO 22734
- Good written and communication skills, both in English and Norwegian
- Creative and solution-oriented with a commercial mindset
- Analytical and structured
- Accurate and methodical
- Quality conscious, with a desire for continuous improvement
- Likes challenges and demanding tasks
- Positive with good collaboration skills
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong Tecnhology-team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- The opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- We offer a workplace with flexible working hours and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
Work place: Main location will be Notodden, but other locations can be assessed specifically.
Received applications will be processed continuously. For more information about the position contact Skagerak Consulting att: Finn M. Lauvli: 990 32 220 or Cathrine Svendsen: 926 06 610.
- Notodden, Norway
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.