Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and design components and assemblies for electrochemical cell stacks to meet functional requirements while minimizing cost. Order and inspect components for compliance with specifications.
- Lead major design and test tasks in support of new product development through product release, contribute to the definition of scope and detailed tasks by collaborating with project leaders
- Lead the application of sound engineering principles to the design and analysis of complex components and assemblies including mentoring junior engineers
- Perform engineering calculations to support design concepts, including stress analysis for mechanical robustness, CFD for uniform fluid distribution, and tolerance models.
- Lead the detailed review of technical specifications and technical drawings
- Use PTC Creo to create detailed drawings, assemblies, and bills of materials.
- Perform research and testing to extend electrochemical cell stack functionality, identify novel approaches for cost reduction or increased reliability, and find new applications for existing technology elements.
- Use equipment and hand tools to assemble and test cell stacks and associated systems. Prepare test plans, technical reports, drawings, and assembly processes.
- Cooperate and communicate solution pathways effectively with project leaders and other project participants to resolve technical and program challenges with proportionate solutions
- Collaborate with manufacturing team to ensure design meets manufacturability requirements, design for volume production considerations, develop inspection criteria, evaluate component suppliers, and solve complex challenges with supplied components.
- Collaborate with technical service group to troubleshoot complex field returns and conduct formal root cause analysis
- Team player, willing to contribute to technical tasks and support related projects within the group.
Education and/or Experience:
- BSME or MSME or equivalent
Other competencies and personal skills
- 10+ years of experience in related industry (e.g., fluid pressure seals, complex mechanical assemblies, fuel cells, fluidics, gas separation, flow batteries, piping systems, or pressure vessels).
- 8+ years of experience designing and analyzing precision components for complex assemblies.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment with high degree of collaboration.
- Design of pressure containment devices or sealing systems.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes including molding, machining, forming, and joining methods.
- Work experience supporting manufacturing operations.
- Supplier interaction and evaluation.
- Working familiarity with safe work practices and hazard analysis.
- Experience with 3D CAD (PTC CREO strongly preferred)
- Experience with FEA (PTC Simulate or ANSYS preferred)
- Creative problem solving
- Time management
- Planning and execution
- Business ethics
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company with strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disa-bled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.