Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
The Installation & Commissioning department is now increasing its capacity to meet the needs of the market. We are looking for experienced employees who are able to work independently, like to travel, take responsibility and can be NEL Hydrogen's good ambassadors on site. The position reports to the Installation & Commissioning Manager in NEL Hydrogen Electrolyser AS.
Responsibilities and areas of work:
- Plan and prepare start-up activities for assigned projects
- Perform commissioning and start-up on site
- Perform site approval tests with customer and end user
- Maintain test and performance documentation
- Set-up and adapt process automation system to the different project specifications
- Perform troubleshooting and monitoring in collaboration with customers
- Perform site service and site inspections
- Own safety and care for other employees
- Environmental care and damage prevention
- Adhere to procedures and guidelines
- Propose improvements when necessary
Preferred educational background and professional experience:
- B.Sc. within Automation or Electro, alternatively Mechanical Engineering
- Certificate of Craftsmanship within Automation or Electro, alternatively Mechanical
- Relevant work experience can compensate for lack of higher education
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge in HSE, FSE, EX and experience with Siemens S7 and / or Siemens TIA would be an advantage
- Fluent in English and one Scandinavian language, written and spoken
- Driver’s license, Class B, is a plus
- Good communication and collaborative skills
Comfortable with a wide variety of technical discussions, both internally and externally
- Has the ability to stay calm and to get a good overview in hectic situations
- Motivated to travel
- Structured and detailed focused
- Self-driven and independent
Flexible with the ability to navigate between multicultural teams in a global arena
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market
- A challenging role with many exciting tasks and interfaces
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
Work place: Main location will be Notodden, but other locations can be assessed specifically
Received applications will be processed continuously.
For more information about the position contact our recruitment partner, Skagerak Consulting at Finn M. Lauvli 990 32 220 or Cathrine Svendsen tel: 926 06 610.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Installation and Commissioning
- Notodden, Norway
- Employment type
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.