Technical Support Engineer
Hydrogen… the most abundant element in the universe is your ticket to a rewarding
future. Every day there are reports of how hydrogen (produced by water electrolysis
and renewable energy sources) is displacing fossil fuels, reducing greenhouse gasses,
and helping to revitalize our planet.
Nel Hydrogen is the global leader in on-site hydrogen generation and the largest electrolyser manufacturer in the world. Armed with a full portfolio of water electrolysers and hydrogen fueling station technologies, Nel Hydrogen is leading the charge into the new green hydrogen economy.
If you are driven by personal initiative combined with loyalty and commitment to your team and the ability to convert complex issues into simple solutions, then we want to talk to you. Help make the world a better place. Join a company that is on the cutting edge of new energy innovations, with an energized, progressive culture.
A candidate is needed who is experienced in supporting process equipment in a customer environment. This position interfaces directly with the end customer, as well as with engineering, Manufacturing/Production and customer service, to provide a high level of service to our large customer base.
- Troubleshoot and solve simple to complex technical issues with gas generators using logical troubleshooting approach.
- Provide prompt technical support to customer base on a variety of issues by responding to telephone calls, emails, and “in-office” requests.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction levels are maintained and represent the company in the highest standards.
- Create and update Salesforce support cases/service requests; log all requests and escalate as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and history of systems.
- Collaborate with engineering team to investigate further when the case is unable to be solved within the specified guidelines; identify opportunities for product improvements.
- Contribute to the knowledge base and actively use the existing documents in the resolution of support cases to help insure that information is disseminated.
- Stage and test customer systems and applications for in-depth troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Provide factory training on operation, maintenance and service to customers as required.
- Participate in “on-call” after hours support rotation and travel to customer sites in difficult situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field or Associate’s degree with Sr. level work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience, in an engineering or service related role, preferably in a manufacturing organization.
- Candidate should preferably have 1-2 years’ experience working directly with external customers in a support role and be able to provide excellent customer service.
- Experience working with electromechanical devices is a plus.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Maintain expense control with travel and administration while doing what’s right for the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair process equipment, preferably electrochemical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation and manuals.
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting abilities with ability to make data-based decisions.
- Represent Nel with strong customer orientation and dedication towards satisfaction.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests while exceeding customer expectations.
- Good communication and presentation skills (written/verbal).
- Complete all administrative requirements; Field Service Reporting, time card, expense reporting on time and with clarity.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Wallingford, USA
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Technical Support Engineer
Loading application form