Materials Scientist - Carbon Materials
An immediate opportunity exists for a hands-on candidate with strong technical and communication skills to support product development and drive continuous improvement activities. This position will require working in a team environment while providing subject matter expert support in carbon supports, powders, and sheet materials across a broad range of competencies. The ideal candidate should have experience working in chemical lab environment on multi-stage projects and trouble-shooting issues as well as understanding of typical carbon materials used in electrochemical devices.
- Develop new ideas in fuel cell and electrolyzer materials, devices, and processing, especially in carbon-based materials.
- Design and tune electrode mixing & coating processes for our next generation cell technology, and develop understanding of relationship between the process and electrochemical performance
- Document MEA processing parameters and communicate key learnings to cross-functional teams to enable transition towards production development
- Assist in writing proposals for new efforts on materials-related topics.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated track record in utilizing analytical and electrochemical methods to understand "property-performance" relationship of carbon materials in energy applications.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and testing of carbon materials relating to electrochemical energy storage devices, intimate exposure to electrode fabrication and cell assembly in various form factors
- Technical knowledge and ability in mixing & coating process engineering disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of analytical equipment (i.e. SEM/EDX) and materials handling
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks including working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated hands-on research and problem-solving with strong analytical skills.
- Experience with electrochemical cell design and prototyping.
- Experience in journal quality papers and proposal writing.
Education and/or Experience:
- Candidate must have a PhD in electrochemistry, or alternatively a PhD in Materials Science or Chemistry/Chemical Engineering with strong emphasis in electrochemistry, or equivalent industrial experience.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disa-bled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
- Wallingford, USA
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Materials Scientist - Carbon Materials
Loading application form