Senior Instrument and Control System Engineer
Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Senior Instrument and Control System Engineer
Control system and electrical department is developing world class control system for alkaline electrolysers. We have inhouse cabinet design and software programming of PLC systems. We are looking for experienced employees who are able to work independently and take responsibility. The position reports to Manager Electrical and Control in Nel Hydrogen Electrolyser AS.
Responsibilities and areas of work:
- Continuous development and implementation of NEL SCADA design guidelines and standards.
- Improve and expand NEL control and remotion IO cabinets.
- Plan, develop and implement projects with:
- Selection of hardware for automation cabinets
- Generate electrical documentation in E3 drawing tool
- Add parts and maintenance of E3 database
- Creation and modification of E3 scripts
- Selection and design of Atex and EX equipment
- Selection of instruments
- Selection of valves
- Support to commissioning teams.
- FAT testing of electrical cabinets.
- Participate in safety and reliability studies.
- Support design reviews and other quality assuring activities related to SCADA systems.
- High quality deliveries in own work
- Safety first attitude and behavior
Preferred educational background and professional experience:
- B.Sc./MSc within Automation, Electro or Cybernetics
- Relevant work experience can compensate for lack of higher education
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge with database drawing tools like E3, EPLAN or Once.
- Fluent in English and one Scandinavian language, written and spoken
- Good communication and collaborative skills
- Comfortable with a wide variety of technical discussions, both internally and externally
- Has the ability to stay calm and to get a good overview in hectic situations
- Motivated to travel
- Structured and detailed focused
- Self-driven and independent
- Flexible with the ability to navigate between multicultural teams in a global arena
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market
- A challenging role with many exciting tasks and interfaces
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
Main location will be Notodden or Kristiansand, but other locations can be assessed specifically
Received applications will be processed continuously.
For more information about the position contact our recruitment partner, Skagerak Consulting at Finn M. Lauvli 990 32 220 or Cathrine Svendsen tel: 926 06 610.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Notodden, Norway
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
- Employment level
- First / Mid Level Officials
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.