Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
About the position and the department
Due to strong growth in the green hydrogen market and in our operations, our Supply Chain department needs to strengthen the team with a Senior Purchaser.
The position is a key role for enabling Nel to continue growth and success in the hydrogen industry, supporting the Supply Chain to increase capacity and strengthen our capabilities as a front runner in the marked, as well as reducing total cost and lead time of our systems.
We are looking for a structured and result oriented employee who will strengthen our position to successfully deliver field proven and competitive systems for our operations.
You will have the opportunity to become part of a professional environment with a drive to solve challenges and contribute to making hydrogen more affordable. The position will report to Supply Chain Director.
The main positions responsibility will be:
- Responsibility for ordering and following up deliveries of materials and services for development, projects and the company in general (indirect purchasing).
- Handle operational procurement tasks including, expediting of orders, change order management and complaint management, related to purchased materials and services.
- Assist as a mentor in the training of new/junior employees in the department.
- Establish framework agreements to secure supply, quality and reduce costs.
- Maintain contact with suppliers to follow up relevant supplier KPI's.
- Invoice processing.
- Collaborate with other departments and resource persons in interdisciplinary teams
- Provide input on how the Supply Chain can be developed to reduce risk, reduce costs and new opportunities.
- Participate in project execution and suppliers meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree or similar, work experience can compensate for lack of formal competency.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Procurement, Logistics and/or Supplier Development.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, and often conflicting prioriteres is critical.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in Norway.
- Good commercial understanding and behavior.
- Structured and effective, able to handle multiple cases at once.
- Negotiation and business relations skills.
- Professional, self-driven, service minded and goal driven.
- Precise verbal and written communication abilities.
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company with strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
- The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
For more information about the position contact Skagerak Consulting at Finn M. Lauvli 990 32 220 or Cathrine Svendsen tel: 926 06 610
Skagerak Consulting AS is a unique, interdisciplinary consulting company. We work to develop people and organizations to create lasting improvements and values in public and private companies. Our work is based on a combination of documented methodology, practical experience and a good portion of common sense.
Read more about Skagerak Consulting AS here: www.skc.no
To avoid attempted fraud, we want to emphasize that we never ask for BankID information in the application process.
Received applications will be processed continuously.
- Supply Chain
- Notodden, Norway
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
- Employment level
- First / Mid Level Officials
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.