Nel Hydrogen is the global leader in on-site hydrogen generation and the largest electrolyser manufacturer in the world. Armed with a full portfolio of water electrolysers and hydrogen fueling station technologies, Nel Hydrogen is leading the charge into the new green hydrogen economy.
If you are driven by personal initiative combined with loyalty and commitment to your team and the ability to convert complex issues into simple solutions, then we want to talk to you. Help make the world a better place. Join a company that is on the cutting edge of new energy innovations, with an energized, progressive culture.
An immediate opportunity exists for an Engineering Aide PTC/Creo Designer Drafter to work in an exciting team environment in support of the R&D department of NEL Hydrogen. This position will require working closely with a range of engineering disciplines to create and detail designs and document engineering change orders. The projects range from turnkey engineered solutions and new product development, to updating and maintaining legacy products. A wide variety of projects, tasks, and many people to interact with keeps the pace high and the challenges coming!
- Use PTC/Creo to model parts and assemblies and produce detailed drawings. Designs and drawings may be prepared from verbal or written instructions.
- Process engineering change orders on new & existing products and drawings.
- Assist Engineers in the creation and maintenance of bills of materials, manufacturing process documents, specifications, Etc.
- Designing and detailing of simple parts through complex assemblies in support of existing and future product designs.
- Coordinate design activities with team members through the effective use of Windchill PDMLink
- Assist Engineers with building and testing of new or existing equipment
- Use equipment and hand tools to assemble and test cell stacks and associated systems.
- Team player, willing to contribute to a variety of tasks and support related projects within the group.
- Associates degree in design/drafting or ME, BSME or BSMET preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 8+ years of experience using PTC/Creo to generate models & drawings common to the industrial equipment industry such as machined parts, sheet metal, & multipart assemblies.
- 5+ years in the practical application of ANSI/ASME Y14.X drafting standards.
- Training/Certificate in ANSI Y14.5 GD&T.
- Experience managing CAD data with PLM system (Windchill PDMLink or ProjectLink preferred).
- Working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Experience working within a team of professionals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
Preferred skills and abilities
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Creative problem solving
- Time management
- Planning and execution
- Business ethics
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Wallingford, USA
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Loading application form