Talent Acquisition Specialist
Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Nel is experiencing substantial growth and we are now searching for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to strengthen our global Talent Acquisition (TA) team. Our new TA Specialist will work closely with managers, HR colleagues and other external and internal stakeholders, across our locations.
The person we are looking for will support the development of Nel’s recruitment strategy to identify and attract top talent, and will play a key role in shaping and further develop our global TA function. The TA Specialist reports to the Head of Global Talent Acquisition and the position will be based in Wallingford, CT.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Core responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Operational recruitment from A-Z; sourcing, recruiting and hiring candidates, with a main focus on the US Nel Hydrogen Electrolyser positions
- Consult with leaders, hiring managers and HR team on position descriptions, requisition creation, compensation and sourcing strategies
- Identify and attract relevant candidates by networking and sourcing to develop a strong pipeline of relevant candidates for each recruitment need
- Screen, interview, recruit and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants
- Research and recommend new sources for targeting active and passive candidates
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Represent the company at recruiting events (i.e., college job fairs)
- Coordinate and lead employer branding activities, creating job post on various sites to align with recruitment needs and recruiting campaigns
- Continuously contribute to the development of networks/partnerships; establish and maintain agreements with vendors within the field of recruitment
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to promote Nel Hydrogen’s referral program and internal opportunities
Educational background and professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or Business-related fields required, Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent understanding of full cycle recruitment processes, best practices and trends
- 3 – 6 years’ relevant experience, either from a recruitment company or an inhouse position
- Experience with research / candidate search across different disciplines and professions, especially within engineering, R&D technology and technical resources
- Strong understanding of staffing principles, laws, and procedures
- Solid experience in sourcing candidates using different recruitment techniques and platforms, including online/social media recruiting
- Hands on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and solid computer / MS Office skills
- Experience and knowledge with different recruitment assessment methods is an advantage
Other competencies and personal skills
- Analytical and structured, with a commercial mindset
- Proactive and business oriented with a consultative approach
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a strong ability to deliver
- Self-starter with excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthiness and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Willing and able to travel on occasion, including overnight travel
- Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills with the ability to maintain professional partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to drive management decisions and interact with employees at all levels throughout the organization
- Used to navigate in cross-functional international environments, understanding different local needs and requirements.
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays. The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Wallingford, USA
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Loading application form