Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
About the position and the department
An immediate opportunity exists for a qualified candidate with demonstrated project management, engineering experience and a proven track record in getting project executed on time and on budget. The successful candidate will work directly with customers, Nel’s Danish back office and Nel’s local service and commissioning team to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope, schedule and budget. He or she will coordinate with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure all aspects of each project are on track.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to be shared with customers and project team to monitor and track progress
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the end customer and all stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation including customer deliverables
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop project cost estimates to support Bid & Proposal activities
- Work in a disciplined manner and have a strong sense of safety and quality
Qualifications and experience
- Proven working experience in project management / minimum of 5 years
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Project
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary technical team environment
- Able to travel as needed
- General broad technical understanding of a complex piece of equipment with several subsystems (hydrogen circuit, cooling system, electrical system)
- Be a team player with great coordination skills
- Be independent, flexible and have "drive"
Other competencies and personal skills
- General knowledge about standards and codes used within the hydrogen indus- try such as NFPA, the HGV series of standards, ASME etc.
- General knowledge about pressurized equipment
- Ability to review CAD-drawings and read P&ID’s
- General knowledge about ATEX zones / Classified areas
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong growing and dynamic team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and a good benefits package
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.