Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Nel Hydrogen is experiencing substantial growth and The Installation & Commissioning department is now increasing its capacity to meet the market demands.
We are searching for experienced and motivated Commissioning Engineers to join our Installation & Commissioning department. The people we are searching for are self-driven, like to travel and take responsibility, and can be our good ambassadors on site. The position reports to the Installation & Commissioning Manager in Nel Hydrogen Electrolyser AS.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Planning and preparing commissioning activities for assigned projects
- Perform commissioning and start-ups at site
- Perform site acceptance tests together with customer
- Maintain test and performance documentation
- Set-up and adapt process automation system to the different project specifications
- Perform troubleshooting and monitoring in collaboration with customers
- Perform site service and site inspections
- Follow safety requirements on site, take care of own safety
- Ensure that Safe Job Analyses are performed, when required
- Environmental care and damage prevention
- Adhere to procedures and guidelines
- Identify and propose improvements for installation, commissioning and quality
Preferred educational background, professional experience and competencies
- Certificate of Craftsmanship (alternatively BSc) within Automation, Process or Electro
- Relevant work experience can compensate for lack of higher education
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Training in HSE, FSE, EX would be an advantage
- Experience with Siemens S7 and / or Siemens TIA is a plus
- Fluent in English and one Scandinavian language, written and spoken
- Driver’s license, Class B is required
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Structured and detail oriented
- Self-driven and independent
- The ability to stay calm and get a good overview in hectic situations
- Comfortable with a wide variety of technical discussions, both internally and with suppliers, custsomers and other stakeholders on site
- Motivated to travel
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market
- A key role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues
The main work location will be Notodden, Oslo or Kristiansand, but other locations can be assessed specifically.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Installation and Commissioning
- Notodden, Norway
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Loading application form