Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Nel Hydrogen is experiencing substantial growth and The Installation & Commissioning department is now increasing its capacity to meet the market demands.
We are searching for experienced and motivated Site Supervisors to join our Installation & Commissioning department. The people we are searching for are self-driven, like to travel and take responsibility, and can be our good ambassadors on site. The position reports to the Installation & Commissioning Manager in Nel Hydrogen Electrolyser AS.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Plan, organize and perform site supervisor tasks according to project scope and schedules, ensure that construction projects are completed within planned cost and time
- Supervise construction projects to make sure the different work packages meet technical specifications
- Represent NEL at stakeholder meetings
- Follow-up and keep overview of personnel engaged at site, including review of reports and approve time-sheets
- Track and report progress at site to project manager and different stakeholders
- Assist the project managers in creating schedules for the installation and commissioning phases
- Assist with procurement of services and materials when necessary
- Assist contractors and engineers in interpreting technical designs
- Ensure that the construction site is safe, free from hazardous chemicals or objects
- Ensure that Safe Job Analyses are performed, when required
- Report accidents and safety observations that occur at the construction site
- Identify and propose areas for improving the installation, commissioning, quality and execution
Preferred educational background, professional experience and competencies
- B.Sc. (alternatively Certificate of Craftsmanship) within Mechanical Engineering, Electro or Automation
- Relevant work experience can compensate for lack of higher education
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge in HSE, FSE, and project management tools
- Knowledgeable in how changes influence the total product and system project execution, Installation & Commissioning, and cost
- Fluent in English and one Scandinavian language, written and spoken
- Driver’s license, Class B is a requirement
- Strong and proven leadership skills
- Able to provide clarity and direction for the team, drive improvements and ensure sustainability
- A strong motivator who builds trust, both internally and externally
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Flexible and solution oriented with a global mindset
- Comfortable with a wide variety of technical discussions, both internally and with suppliers, custsomers and other stakeholders on site
- Advise and coach team-members in solving complex tasks on a needs basis
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market
- A key role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues
The main work location will be Notodden, Oslo or Kristiansand but other locations can be assessed specifically.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Installation and Commissioning
- Notodden, Norway
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Loading application form