Hydrogen… the most abundant element in the universe is your ticket to a rewarding future. Every day there are reports of how hydrogen (produced by water electrolysis and renewable energy sources) is displacing fossil fuels, reducing greenhouse gasses, and helping to revitalize our planet.
Nel Hydrogen is the global leader in on-site hydrogen generation and the largest electrolyser manufacturer in the world. Armed with a full portfolio of water electrolysers and hydrogen fueling station technologies, Nel Hydrogen is leading the charge into the new green hydrogen economy.
If you are driven by personal initiative combined with loyalty and commitment to your team and the ability to convert complex issues into simple solutions, then we want to talk to you. Help make the world a better place. Join a company that is on the cutting edge of new energy innovations, with an energized, progressive culture.
An immediate opportunity exists for a qualified candidate to lead the QHSE Team for Nel’s PEM division, and be responsible for executing the company's quality, health, safety, and environmental strategy; under the quality portion, the role will include both supplier and product quality oversight. The candidate will need to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements along with industry best practices. The QHSE Director will be responsible for the company's QHSE management system and driving a culture of safety and environmental sustainability throughout the organization. In addition, the candidate will be the champion, within the division, for the Nel Business System (NBS) and support the initiatives driven by the corporate team.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the QHSE team and other departments to promote a culture of safety, quality, and environmental sustainability
- Develop, implement, and maintain the company's QHSE management system in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Includes facilitating the relevant Management Reviews and Quality Council meetings
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure safe and environmentally sustainable operations
- Conduct risk assessments and implement measures to mitigate risks to employees, customers, and the environment
- Develop and implement training programs for employees and contractors to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their jobs safely and effectively
- Coordinate with internal auditors, external auditors, and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance remains current
- Promote Nel Business System (NBS) principles within the organization including driving the consistent use of associated tools and techniques
- Develop, manage, and lead the team, ensuring that necessary resources are available; includes the recruiting and developing of high performing talent as applicable
- Monitor and analyze QHSE performance metrics and report to senior management on QHSE performance
- Oversee personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution
- Maintain a customer-focused orientation and drive same within the Team
- Drive the execution of actions/projects to support the roadmap associated with the QHSE Team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety or related field. A master's degree is a plus
- At least 10 years of experience in QHSE management, with a minimum of five years in a senior leadership role
- Extensive knowledge of QHSE regulations and standards including familiarity with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001
- Proven ability to work across multiple departments and levels from assemblers to researchers
- Demonstrated success attracting, developing, and retaining talented professionals
- Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to develop, plan and implement short- and long-range goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; familiarity with ERP is a plus
- Leadership and management of cross-functional resources
- Team Building
- Organization and prioritization
- Problem solving
- Process Improvement
- Business Strategy
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Wallingford, USA
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Loading application form