Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
About the position and the department
As a Service Technician in the NEL Hydrogen, you will mainly be responsible for the service and maintenance of hydrogen fueling stations all over Europe, but from time to time you can expect to be involved in installation and commissioning projects and supporting other regions like the US and South Korea, as well. Your job starts after a new Fueling station is finished by our Installation department and ends with the decommissioning and recycling of the equipment at the end of its lifecycle. You will often experience to be working in a cross-organizationally and in an international technical environment.
Duration of each trip will be from few days up to 4 weeks at a time, depending on the destination and the tasks. Being a Service Technician in Nel requires flexibility because Hydrogen it is a very new and dynamic industry.
You will be part of the European service and installation team, which consists of Service and Installation Technicians, Service Engineers, Service Key Account and 24/7 monitoring team.
You will report directly to the Service Resource Manager at NEL Hydrogen in Herning, Denmark.
Tasks and responsibilities.
You will have a wide range of tasks either being on-site or ‘at home’, with focus on:
- Working with planned product warrantees, ECNs and retrofit.
- Working with planned service and maintenance, as well as unforeseeable troubleshooting. This will require some flexibility with the Employee to be able to leave at a short notice.
- Used to working meticulously with a high focus on health & Safety and in accordance with NEL Hydrogen safety standards and customer-related specifications.
- Working according to risk assessments/evaluations on site with different stations type.
- Documenting potential problems quality issues in our system, including feedback to the responsible manager/Engineer using existing KPI and data recording systems.
- Working alongside customers and other technicians onsite, especially regarding safety topics and issues.
- Reporting to the responsible Resource Planner/Resource Manager and keep up a good communication flow to all relevant parties.
- Fill out service repair reports and case reports in the system and communicate to 24/7 monitoring and Key Account.
- During the first time of your Employment, you should expect to attend internal training at our facility in Herning.
Professional skills, we expect that:
You possess relevant educational background and experience in installation, commissioning, service or maintenance of complex machines or plants. You have a strong technically oriented mindset, are curious, and can quickly understand complex technical systems to find potential technical failures and quality issues.
- You have a relevant technical education such as an electrician or mechanic.
- You have a good knowledge of process systems.
- You have a general understanding of safety procedures and experience in risk evaluation.
- You have experience of service work with high standards in Health and Safety.
- You know and understand customer requirement and skilled in communicating with customers.
- You are experienced working within established service procedures, instructions, bill of materials, codes, and standards as well as reporting.
- You have good knowledge of remote operation and monitoring of complex systems.
- You can maintain and organize a clean and tidy work space either it is in the service car, in the workshop or on-site.
- You possess excellent communication skills in Danish and English, written as well verbally.
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Knowledge in High pressure systems, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience working with flammable gases and high pressures.
- Experience with service work in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience with cooling systems such as Co2 and R410 systems.
Personal competencies, we expect that:
- You are known to work structured, consistent, and clear with documentation and following work procedures in a safe and efficient manner.
- You are experienced in both independent and teamwork, plus high flexibility, and know what it means to be ‘on call’.
- You have a positive mindset and can find solutions instead of problems.
- Have a good work ethic with a company result driven approach.
- Have a flexible mindset and be able to travel with short notice.
- Be proactive, result oriented but with a positive attitude.
What will you get from working with us?
To be a part of a strong Service team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.