Senior Project Controls Manager
Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Senior Project Controls Manger
We are searching for a Senior Project Controls Manager to join our Project Control department.
Nel’s project organisation is responsible for tendering, negotiation and execution of all projects in Nel. Project Control involves all processes needed for effective planning of projects before award, and for control and reporting during execution. The Senior Project Controls Manager is a key member of the Project Control team and reports to the Vice President Project Control.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the project control function in major projects
- Supervise the project control function in smaller/medium sized projects
- Coordinate risk reviews and establish contingency estimates (costs/schedule)
- Participate in the tender process
- Contribute towards the development and evaluations of project contracts and POs
- Monitor contractor/supplier performance
- Establish, maintain and develop systems and routines to ensure functional areas (planning, cost/revenue, risk, document mgmt., change mgmt.) of Project Control are effective
Preferred educational background, professional experience and competencies
- Higher relevant education, preferably at MSc level
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience within a Project Control function
- General experience with project execution and management
- Knowledge of all project control functions
- Experience with contract management and project administration
- Cross-functional understanding (e.g., engineering, procurement, completion, project management)
- Responsible, accurate, structured, committed, and reliable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with English and Norwegian languages, both written and oral
- Excellent time management skills
- Solution-oriented with a solid business acumen
- Personal drive to gain knowledge and increase competencies
- A positive mindset with an interest in collaborating with talented and cross-functional colleagues
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market
- A key role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues
Our office is located in Karenslyst Allé, close to public transportion at Skøyen, Oslo.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Oslo, Norway
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Senior Project Controls Manager
Loading application form