Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
About the position and the department
A Hydrogen filling station is a complex construction which contains hydrogen under high pressure in an advanced process with electrical- and mechanical components in the ATEX zone and where the Hydrogen must be cooled down before it is refueled on the vehicle. Therefor you will be responsible for ensuring that the system is developed in accordance with the applicable standards, regulations, and codes (Pressure Directive) and approved by external authorities e.g., CE, UL, ATEX.
The position is based in our Head Office in Lind, Herning and as the Compliance Engineer, you will be part of the Quality Department.
Tasks and responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Conducting compliance assessments and audits to identify potential areas of non-compliance.
- Developing and maintaining compliance plans, procedures, and reports.
- Providing technical expertise in regulatory compliance, including environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Monitoring and reporting on compliance metrics and key performance indicators.
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, consultants, and contractors.
- Participating in incident investigations and developing corrective actions to address compliance deficiencies.
- Staying up to date with regulatory changes and industry trends.
You possess a relevant educational background, at least on bachelor’s level, in Mechanical Engineering. On top of that you have:
- Several years of experience in regulatory compliance in the mechanical and/or process industries.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Experience with compliance audits and assessments.
- Knowledge of quality control and assurance measures in a compliance setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with compliance management software is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cultural understanding
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to priorities actions according to the Nel values and business needs.
You should expect Max. 10 days of travel per year
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Herning, Denmark
- Employment type
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Loading application form