Nel Hydrogen Electrolyser are now looking for a Test Engineer
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company that delivers optimal solutions for producing, storing and distributing hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve industries, energy and gas companies with leading hydrogen technology. Since its foundation in 1927, Nel has a proud history of developing and continuously improving hydrogen plants. Our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to the production of hydrogen stations, and provide all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fuel and long range as conventional vehicles today. At Nel, our vision is about "empowering generations with clean energy forever". Our technology enables people and businesses to make daily use of hydrogen, the most abundant element in the universe.
Nel's technology department is now hiring. We are looking for highly motivated employees to grow the team. You will play an important role in the development activities and be a part of the team realizing the Nel R&D goals. The position reports to Technology Director at Nel Hydrogen Electrolyser.
Your most important responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Responsible for test environment and equipment
- Lead test execution at the manufacturing site; planning and performing assigned product tests, including results reporting
- Participate in the design of testing protocols
- Implement hands-on and automatic tests
- Lead tests of large electrolyser systems in development
- Identify improvement opportunities and contribute to a continuous improvement culture
- Manage laboratory assets, including maintenance, calibration and service
- Develop, implement, and ensure conformity with best practice laboratory standard operating procedures
- Support engineering staff in root cause analyses of test failures and aid in development of new test methods
- Support management in procurement, purchasing, and the installation of new equipment
Preferred educational background and professional experience:
- Relevant higher education
- Experience in conducting and defining tests for advanced products with very high accuracy (sub-micrometer)
- Good technical and analytical skills, and experience working in a team setting
- Proven knowledge and experience working with SAP ERP and MS Office
- Experienced with safety frameworks (HAZID/HAZOP)
- Knowledge and a track record of conformance to ISO 17025 is advantageous
- Experience working with hazardous materials while promoting and exhibiting health and safety standard
- Experience from a fast-paced working environment with the ability shift gears and focus depending on the different work assignments and demands
Personal characteristics and other competencies:
- Knowledgeable about test philosophy and test methodology
- Self-driven, analytical and structured
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Solution-oriented with a solid business acumen
- Quality conscious, with a drive for continuous improvement
- Skilled at gaining consensus around own ideas and plans, often through establishing effective professional relationships
- A positive mindset with an interest in collaborating with highly experienced teammates and cross-functional colleagues
- Proficiency with English and Norwegian languages, both written and oral
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong Technology-team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- The opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- We offer a workplace with flexible working hours and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
Work place: Main location will be Notodden/Herøya, but other locations can be assessed specifically
We only accept and process digitally received applications, through our application system. All applications will be processed continuously.
- Oslo, Norway
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Loading application form