Hydrogen… the most abundant element in the universe is your ticket to a rewarding
future. Every day there are reports of how hydrogen (produced by water electrolysis
and renewable energy sources) is displacing fossil fuels, reducing greenhouse gasses,
and helping to revitalize our planet.
Nel Hydrogen is the global leader in on-site hydrogen generation and the largest electrolyser manufacturer in the world. Armed with a full portfolio of water electrolysers and hydrogen fueling station technologies, Nel Hydrogen is leading the charge into the new green hydrogen economy.
If you are driven by personal initiative combined with loyalty and commitment to your team and the ability to convert complex issues into simple solutions, then we want to talk to you. Help make the world a better place. Join a company that is on the cutting edge of new energy innovations, with an energized, progressive culture.
This position will require working closely with cross-functional teams to perform laboratory tasks and electrochemical cell testing. Projects range from mixing and applying inks, processing polymer membranes, assembling test cells, and collecting and summarizing electrochemical test data.
- Executes test plans related to material evaluation and electrochemical performance.
- Prepares solutions for electrolyte testing, membrane processing, and ink printing.
- Fabricates electrode components such as applying catalyst layers on substrates, die cutting gaskets and porous materials, and assembling multi-layer components.
- Assembles test cells, connects to electrochemical test stations, and takes data over a defined parameter range.
- Summarizes test results in graphs, Power Point charts, and written reports.
- Supports manufacturing group in testing of non-conforming product and analyzing components from field returns.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field
- 3+ years experience working in a laboratory environment
- Experience working with electrochemical devices desired
Required Skills and Abilities:
Experience working hands on in a chemical or materials laboratory
Knowledge of chemical safety data sheets (SDS) and awareness of safe laboratory practices
Motivated self starter with high level of initiative and willingness to suggest improvements.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks.
Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment with high degree of collaboration.
- Strong communications and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- High ethical standards
- Results driven with demonstrated follow through
- Sound judgement
- Prolonged periods standing or sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Wallingford, USA
As a new hire, you will board an enterprise in rapid development where you can shape the company as well as your own career.
About Nel Hydrogen
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Loading application form