Package Responsible Engineer – Delivery Team
We are searching for a Package Responsible Engineer who will have a technical lead for Nel’s Delivery team within the mandate of the Nel project engineering department. The position will report to the Head of Project Engineering and is located in Oslo, Norway.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Technical responsibility to follow up on supplier engineering, procurement, fabrication, assembly, and testing
- Review and check project specific designs and requirements prior to placing of the order (call-off)
- Work closely together with Project Engineers to follow-up supplier progress and reporting
- Interface with Product Manager to capture lessons learned and design improvements
- Follow-up of supplier documentation needed to progress project engineering and delivery to clients
- Attend/follow-up supplier inspections and test plans
- Provide technical support to suppliers
- B.Sc. level or equivalent, preferably within a mechanical discipline
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- 3D CAD design experience
- Experience building products and assemblies through their entire lifecycle, from initial concept to fabrication, assembly, testing and delivery to clients
- Accurate and methodical, ability to focus on quality, and desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, maintain motivation and ability to motivate others
- Adaptable and flexible to meet demands and variability associated with project and tender work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Solution-oriented with a solid business acumen
- Personal drive to gain knowledge and increase competencies
- A positive mindset with an interest in collaborating with talented and cross-functional colleagues
Why you should join Nel
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market
- A role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
We only accept and process digitally received applications, through our application system. All applications will be processed continuously.
Interviews will be conducted in August/September 2023.