Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Workplace: Office and Field locations
About the position and the department
As Project Engineer on the Projects Team, you will be responsible for project engineering for new installations at customer sites, and developing technical solutions for customer sites. Project Engineering includes technical document creation for customer sites, supporting the customer’s EPC in the permitting with local authorities, participating in site and safety reviews, and developing project documentation. You will work closely with Project Management, the Installation & Commissioning Team, and the corresponding D&E department in Denmark. Your focus is to ensure that project documentation is delivered on time is technically correct, project management and customer technical questions are addressed in a timely manner, and that schedule and technical risks during the installation/commissioning are mitigated by clear and accurate documentation. You will also have some special application engineering projects that include customer-specific solutions, working with local vendors and managing small procurement and logistics. You will develop technical specifications for customer specific equipment, such as external cooling units, supply compressors, minor field controls and site-specific modifications You will report to the Director, Project Execution and spend 2 to 3 weeks of international travel for training and cross-cultural exchange per year. Tasks and responsibilities
- Site Specific Documentation Including PFD, Project Material Lists, Wiring Termination Drawings
- Reviewing Product Documentation and applying product requirements to customer sites
- Reviewing customer site layouts
- Supporting Sales Bid Assessment process for installation cost estimates
- Participating in Site Risk Assessments (HAZOP, HAZID, and other methodologies)
- Evaluating Site Material requirements for installation
- Developing Bills of Materials for Projects
- Aligning application and project engineering functions across NEL organizations worldwide
- Exploring cost saving measures and domestic procurement of project materials
- Supporting project management with clarifications and customer consultation
- Developing and maintaining installation quality assurance procedures, processes, and documentation
- Ensuring compliance with local codes and standards for installation of Hydrogen Stations
- Technical specification for customized application equipment such as valves, regulators, cooling units, supply compressors
- Feedback to Product Development to improve product and process quality
Qualifications and experience
You possess a relevant educational background and technical experience in mechanical or civil engineering. You have a strong technical- and business-orientated mindset, are curious, and can quickly understand complex technical systems to find organizational and commercially good solutions. You are structured and innovative, giving you the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. You excel at working independently and in teams, and are highly skilled in both written and spoken English. You are good in communication with other technical staff, internal as well as external.
- B.S. in civil engineering, mechanical engineer or similar
- Work experience in civil engineering, project engineering, or piping systems
- General understanding of work safety procedures and experience in risk evaluation
- General understanding of enterprise resource planning and document management systems
- Experience with construction and the trades
- Strong knowledge of Pressure Piping Systems
- Basic Knowledge of electrical distribution equipment
- Familiarity with the ASME Codes and National Electric Code (NEC, NFPA 70)
- Experience working within established procedures, codes and standards
- Communicate fluently in both written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, CAD
Other competencies and personal skills
- Experience working in or with international organizations
- Must be a self-starter that will seek answers independently
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong dynamic team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and a 401K plan
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.