We are seeking an energetic and experienced EHS Specialist to join our organization. This role requires a good communicator with exceptional safety knowledge, and problem-solving skills. As our new OH&S Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting and developing the implementation of an OH&S management system and conduct quarterly reporting. The OH&S Specialist reports to the OH&S Manager and the position is based in Wallingford, CT.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Support development and implementation of an OH&S Management system in support of ISO 45001
- Maintain and utilize the Occupational Hazards Log in accordance with the released procedure.
- Perform hazard assessments as needed and ensure that area hazard assessments are updated semi-annually.
- Collaborate with Training Administrator to ensure completion of safety training.
- Collaborate with Training Administrator to maintain First Responder training.
- Assist OH&S Manager with creation and delivery of safety-related training.
- Collaborate with Emergency Response Coordinator to perform emergency drills.
- Ensure PPE availability through collaboration with Human Resources
- Conduct quarterly audiometric monitoring analysis and reports.
- Attends prestart safety reviews for Safety & Environment perspective.
- Maintain log of all facility test rigs and ensure ID number labels are visible.
- Maintain Pre-JSA form, instruction, and archives.
- Update Occupational Safety related logs as needed.
- BS – Engineering, or Environmental Health Safety (EHS), or Equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in EHS based roles.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, or other cloud-based management software programs.
- Experience with Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding, Lockout Tagout
- OSHA compliance
- Training development
- Delivery of training to employees on various safety topics
- Attention to detail/accuracy.
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management, priority goals
- Critical evaluation
- Relationship management
- Ethical practice
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What we can offer
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short-term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: FederalEnglish.pdf)