We are seeking an energetic and experienced Facilities Coordinator to join our organization and provide support to the Facilities Manager. In this role, you will be performing a wide variety of tasks related to facility maintenance, operations support, environmental controls, and subcontractor management in the Wallingford, CT facility.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Facility Related Maintenance & 5S
- Routine inspections and preventive maintenance on equipment such as Lift carts, presto lifts, lifting equipment, ladders, test stands, etc.
- Implement 5S approach in facility Electrical room. Major cleanup/organization needed and then maintain
- Monitor conditions of grounds, pavement, and walkways and ensure contractors are performing services.
- Perform office area support tasks (hanging white boards, making cubicle modifications, changing light bulbs, etc)
- Perform facility cleaning as needed.
- Support for production and engineering as needed by installing or modifying infrastructure.
- Manage coffee and vending machine program.
- Waste Management
- Serve as a backup operator for the Wastewater Treatment System
- Implement 5S in Wastewater Treatment Room
- Contractor security and Sine Pro Check in
- Assist contractors if needed.
- 3-5 years of relevant trade or industrial experience
- PIT and Scissor Lift certification preferred.
- Organizational skills
- Basic electrical knowledge
- MS Office
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Familiar with cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Ability to operate a pallet jack.
- Proven experience using hand tools.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What we can offer
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short-term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: FederalEnglish.pdf)