We are seeking a strong communicator to join our organization as a Buyer/Planner. This role requires a motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and strong work ethic. As our new Buyer/Planner, you will be responsible for issuing and allocating materials and managing production forecasts and backlogs. The Buyer/Planner position is full-time based in Wallingford, CT.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and review material availability for production based on forecast and backlog.
- Create manufacturing jobs, Issue/allocate material, assign S/N’s and complete jobs as built and ready for shipment.
- Maintain build schedule and tracking sheets.
- Use ERP system to schedule production.
- Review Purchasing suggestions generated by MRP system for inventory components needed for production.
- Quote and Procure material and components.
- Manage and expedite Purchase Orders needed to fulfill build schedule for on-time delivery to customer.
- Track shortages for each line and effectively plan production accordingly.
- Review, approve and implement Engineering Change Requests for designated lines.
- Create and maintain parts and assemblies in Item Master
- Maintain Bill of Materials in MRP system for designated lines.
- High School diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or other relevant related accreditation a plus
- 3 years of related experience in procurement and materials requirement planning in a manufacturing industry (ie: Sheet metal, fittings, electrical components, custom assemblies, heat exchangers, power supplies, etc).
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment with high degree of collaboration.
- Proven history in supporting manufacturing planning and procurement.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel.
- Experience with ERP/MRP – Epcior Software is a plus.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What we can offer
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short-term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: FederalEnglish.pdf)