We are seeking a hands-on, critical thinker to join our organization as a Cell Stack Electro-Mechanical Technician II. This role requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to perform work accurately, thoroughly, and in a timely manner. As our new Technician II, you will be responsible for accurately assembling cell-stacks as well as post build testing following written work instructions for gas generation and power generation. The Technician II position is full-time, based in Wallingford, CT.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Assemble cell components by following written work instructions. Accurately assemble and functionally test electrolyzer cells stacks for gas generation and power generation.
- Testing of cell stacks built (Heat soak, balance pressure, diffusion, resistance testing and Hi-Pot testing.)
- Ability to handle compressed gases.
- Utilize handheld tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, tensioners, and power tools.
- Package stacks for shipment
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Rework and/or repair stacks per engineering instructions
- Provide input to Engineering and Operations on product and process improvements.
- Maintain and report inventory levels in support of build schedule.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and adhere to Nel Hydrogen’s safety practices and 5S policies.
- Complete all tasks as directed with minimal supervision.
- High School/Technical school diploma or GED
- Aptitude for “hands-on” and mechanical processes with 2 - 5 years mechanical assembly experience (electrolyzer or fuel cell experience preferred)
- Working with automated equipment is a plus
- Proficient with use of computers and demonstrated use of Microsoft Office and MRP software.
- Ability to perform work accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Strong critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Good English verbal, reading, and writing language skills.
- Relevant technical training or certifications is preferred.
- High attention to detail, teamwork and being self-motivated is a must.
- Hoist and pallet lifting equipment operation experience is preferred.
- Light physical effort with frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials, use of hand tools and specialty equipment.
- Standing and bending required during a typical eight-hour workday.
- Occasionally lifting components up to approximately fifty pounds may be required.
- Possess a full range of manual dexterity to handle chemicals and thin sheets of materials.
- Ability to use hand lift trucks to move materials in, around and out of the area.
- Vision abilities to be able to perform intricate assembly and inspection operations.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What we can offer
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short-term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: FederalEnglish.pdf)