Are you passionate about creating a safe and secure work environment? Do you have a strong background in health, safety, and environmental practices and leadership experience? Join our dynamic Global QHSE team at Nel Hydrogen and play a vital role in ensuring the well-being of our employees and the integrity of our operations. We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Global HSE Manager to join our team.
The Global QHSE department is responsible for ensuring consistent and effective management of quality, health, safety practices worldwide. The department establishes and enforces standards, policies, and procedures to meet regulatory requirements and drive continuous improvement. It conducts audits, risk assessments, incident investigations and provides guidance and support to regional QHSE.
As Global HSE Manager, you will be responsible for the HSE strategy, promoting a culture of safety, identifying and mitigating risks, and ensuring compliance with global and local health and safety regulations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a global health and safety strategy, aligned with corporate goals and regulatory requirements.
- Establish safety objectives, targets, and performance indicators to measure and monitor progress.
- Identify emerging health and safety trends, technologies, and best practices, and integrate them into the strategy to enhance safety performance.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, safety, and environmental regulations, standards, and codes.
- Collaborate with regulatory agencies, plan audits and inspections, and address any non-compliance issues.
- Ensure the development and deliver training programs to educate employees and contractors on safety procedures, emergency response, and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Oversee or facilitate incident investigation processes to identify root causes and contributing factors of accidents, near misses, and environmental incidents.
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior management on health, safety, and environmental matters, providing guidance and recommendations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Professional certifications in health and safety e.g. ISO45001 lead auditor.
- Extensive experience in health and safety management, including leadership roles
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful health and safety strategies, programs, and initiatives.
- Proficiency in utilizing safety management software, data analysis tools, and other relevant technology.
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary, as well as a variable incentive compensation plan
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.