Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Workplace: In office position in Irvine, CA
About the position and the department
As the Mechanical Designer for the Product Integrity Team, you will be responsible for executing 2D / 3D work to support the efficient development and rollout of site solutions. You will also be responsible for cross team coordination of planned outsourcing for the region. The Mechanical Designer will utilize tools such as NAV and CAD to develop solutions, buy parts, make instructions and document processes.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for CAD and PLM / PDM usage in Product Integrity
- Responsible for creation of BOM
- Support the department globally with CAD, 2D documentation, P&ID support for projects and work with external CAD partner(s)
- Support Leadership team with monthly report
- Ensure standard ways of working with documentation and alignment with PLM Doc team
Qualifications and experience
- Technical education at B.Sc. level or skilled professional
- +5Ys experience using 2D / 3D CAD (preferably AutoDesk Inventor and Vault)
- +5Ys experience with BOM creation and change management
- Experience with PLM / PDM systems
- Experience with Engineering and Manufacturing of complex industrial products
Other competencies and personal skills
- Proactive and always looking for improvements, solutions oriented.
- Customer and service oriented.
- Analytic and with ability to have the overview.
- Good communication, cooperation, and presentation skills (in English)
- Structured and systematic
- Good team/cooperation skills
- Behave according to the “Nel Values”.
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong dynamic team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth market
- Competitive salary and good insurance and retirement schemes
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.