Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Workplace: Lind close to Herning
About the position and the Team
In the Process Team of the NEL Hydrogen Fueling - Research and Development (R&D) department, you will, as our Process Engineer, be responsible for developing process design solutions on equipment ranging from simple to complex systems. You will work with design, flow, control, safety, test, and optimization of fueling stations performance. You will work closely with your colleagues in the Process Engineering Team and the rest of the R&D department. The Process Engineering team consists of 6 engineers covering the H2-process system, the pneumatic system, the cooling system and the safety system. Some travel activity must be expected.
Tasks and responsibilities
The focus of the position is on ownership of hydrogen process design supplemented with general tasks from within safety engineering.
- Design and develop piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
- Process control design
- Calculation of capacity, pressure, temperature, and flow
- Developing new processes and methods
- Safety in the Fueling systems
- Drive risk analysis and documentation
- HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA
- Cause & Effect diagrams
- Safety relief and pressure drop calculations
- System tests
- Testing and verification of compliance with requirements and specifications
Qualifications and experience
In order of relevance:
- Educated as minimum bachelor within process, mechanical or chemical engineering (or equivalent).
- Several years of process engineering experience.
- Experience in piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
- Knowledge of process control.
- Technical insight into thermodynamics and fluid mechanics involving flow, pressure, temperature, and cooling parameters.
- Experience in process flow diagrams (PFD).
- Experience with hydrogen wetted components.
- Being familiar with safety studies such as FMEA, HAZOP, LOPA.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and standards.
- Familiar with functional safety.
- Experience with ATEX.
Other competencies and personal skills
- Fluent in English both verbal and in writing
- Good technical overview and understanding
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
Nel Hydrogen offers
You are offered an exciting job working within the rising Hydrogen Technology industry, working together with other very skilled Engineers. You will become a part of the R&D Department, which apart from the Process Engineering Team consists of the following engineering team: Systems, Software, Mechanical and Electrical.
You should expect to work in an environment where change is part of your everyday life, and where you, with your experience and knowledge, will be able to greatly influence your own work. Nel Hydrogen is sited in Lind near Herning, in state-of-the-art facilities centrally positioned nearby the highway and we offer employees many benefits such as a fine canteen, pension scheme, a health insurance and a massage scheme.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.