Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Workplace: The workplace will either be in Austria or in Denmark
About the position and the department
In the Process Team of the NEL Hydrogen Fueling - Research and Development (R&D) department, you will, as one of our Process Engineers, be main responsible for hydrogen wetted component selection and qualification. You will work also with design, flow, control, safety, test, and optimization of fueling stations performance. You will work closely with your colleagues in the Process Engineering Team and the rest of the R&D department. The Process Engineering team consists of 6 engineers covering the H2-process system, pneumatic system, the cooling system and the safety system. Some travel activity must be expected.
Tasks and responsibilities
The focus of the position is on ownership of hydrogen wetted process components supplemented with general tasks from within process engineering.
- Component ownership
- Calculations of capacity, pressure, temperature, and flow
- Vent sizing
- Component qualifications
- Drive and support FMEA
- Design and develop piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
- Drive risk analysis and documentation
- Cause & Effect diagrams
- Safety relief and pressure drop calculations
Qualifications and experience
In order of relevance:
- Educated as minimum Bachelor within Process, mechanical or Chemical engineering (or equivalent).
- Several years of experience with hydrogen wetted components.
- Several years of experience with general process components.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and standards.
- Technical insight into thermodynamics and fluid mechanics involving flow, pressure, temperature, and cooling parameters.
- Knowledge of process control.
- Experience in Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
- Experience in Process flow diagrams (PFD).
- Being familiar with Safety studies such as FMEA, HAZOP, LOPA.
- Being familiar with Functional Safety.
- Experience with ATEX.
Other competencies and personal skills
- Fluent in English both verbal and in writing
- Good technical overview and understanding
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
Nel Hydrogen offers
- To be a part of a strong R&D team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.