Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Workplace: In office work at our Irvine, CA location
About the position and the department
As the HR Coordinator for Nel Hydrogen Fueling US, you will provide daily support to the HR Director and other employees. You will be the initial point of contact for employee inquiries regarding policies and Company procedures. The HR Coordinator will play a critical role in talent acquisition by pre-screening resumes, interviewing candidates, and ensuring that all candidates have cleared the pre-employment process prior to their start date. You will also assist in the annual performance appraisal process, benefits open enrollment and liaison with Payroll for employee incentives and final checks.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Reviewing and prescreening of candidate resumes
- Coordinate interview schedules with outside recruiting firms and hiring managers.
- Interviewing potential candidates for skills, experience, and education
- Contacting references and performing background checks on applicants
- Setting up pre-screening drug tests and reviewing results
- Conducting or assisting with new employee orientation
- Processing new hire paperwork and creating profiles in the HRIS system
- Updating current employee information in the HRIS system
- Populating new hire information in the benefits portal
- Requesting new hire equipment from IT and coordinating with Office Manager on workstation setup
- Ensure that I-9s are completed and E-Verify check is done on all new hires.
- Assist in preparing termination paperwork and updating HRIS, Payroll and Benefits appropriately.
- Assistance with the coordination of employee events
- File employee documentation in electronic or hard files
- Assist with employee data audits and projects
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent speaking and listening skills to share information effectively, while paying careful attention to concerns and questions from employees and job applicants.
- A systematic and analytical approach with attention to the details
- Ability to keep critical employee and business information confidential.
- Flexible to sudden changes with a focus on being problem-solver.
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and to handle varying workloads.
- Good interpersonal skills for interacting with new employees while conversing and connecting with people from various backgrounds and experiences.
- Previous experience working with HRIS systems for benefits, payroll, and employee data.
- Experience interviewing and sourcing candidates for blue collar and professional roles.
- Previous experience working in a small, start-up business environment.
Other competencies and personal skills
- HR certificate: (SHRM -CP) or (HRCI – PHR) preferred.
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong dynamic team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and retirement schemes
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.