Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Workplace: Mostly field operations
About the position and the department
As an Installation and Commissioning Site Supervisor in Nel Hydrogen’s Project Execution Department, you will be the on-site manager of the installation and commissioning of new Hydrogen Refueling Stations in Southern California and potentially Northern California. As such, you will serve as the on-site Nel representative and manager of the Nel crew and its subcontractors, while also acting as the Nel authority when inspecting and approving the work and certifications of the client’s contractors. Your overall focus is to ensure that installation and commissioning of the equipment meets Nel’s safety, quality and cost targets and requirements. You will also be responsible for training and qualifying new technicians and subcontractors on site. The position reports to the Service Manager, Southern California with the primary work and activities occurring at the project sites with Nel’s Irvine office serving as the base location. Currently, the projects are located in Southern California with a potential opportunity for travel to Northern California. Tasks and responsibilities
- Serve as the Nel Point-of-Contact (POC) at the project site during the installation and commissioning of the Hydrogen Refueling Stations (HRS)
- Ensure and promote health and safety with all personnel on-site by enforcing and complying with the Health & Safety Management, management plan, and Nel’s Safety Systems; Reporting Hazards and Incidents
- Act as the Nel Authority with the Client and its Subcontractors, especially regarding supervision of Health, Safety and Quality
- Supervise and manage the HRS Installation and Commissioning (I&C) Team, which includes Nel technicians and sub-contractors, with a focus on promoting quality, cost efficiency and schedule management.
- Promote team-building with a positive focus on collaborating with the Nel Project Execution Team in overcoming obstacles and achieving success as a team
- Daily Activity and Weekly Lookahead Reporting to Project Management; Communicate on-site issues and lessons learned to the Project Management
- Attend client meetings with the Project Manager
- Daily Alignment with the client’s General Contractor and Subcontractors
- Establish daily and weekly project targets/milestones, according to the Project Schedule.
- Develop and maintain installation and commissioning documentation
- Provide feedback to Project Management and Product Development for product improvement
Qualifications and experience
You possess a relevant educational background complemented by technical experience, ideally from the Wind or Oil & Gas Industries. You have a strong technical and results-focused mindset and readily grasp complex technical systems while enjoying working with a team to find technical and commercially sound solutions. You are well-organized, a good communicator and innovative, with the ability to manage multiple tasks – but not at the expense of safety or quality.
Other competencies and personal skills
- Relevant technical training as an engineer or in a technical discipline
- Experience with and general understanding of work safety procedures
- General understanding of enterprise resource planning and document management systems
- Experience with the installation and commissioning of complex technical equipment
- Experience with working with managing customer communications and managing expectations
- “Hands-on” mentality
- Experience working within established procedures, codes and standard
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong dynamic team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and retirement schemes
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.