Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Workplace: In the Field in Southern and Northern California
About the position and the department
As a Service Technician at Nel Hydrogen Inc. – Service Department, you will be responsible for the final assembly, installation, commissioning, service, and maintenance of hydrogen fueling stations in California. Your responsibility starts at the receipt of each module from Denmark and ends at the decommissioning and recycling of the equipment at the end of its lifecycle. You will report to the Service Manager of Nel Hydrogen Inc.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Final assembly of the semi-finished modules
- Installation and commissioning of equipment at customer sites
- Execution of product warrantees
- Providing service based on planned service and maintenance, as well as unforeseeable corrective maintenance, including troubleshooting—which will require some workhour flexibility for unplanned service
- Ensuring that all executed service actions are based on NEL Hydrogen safety standards and follow related customer specifications
- Work per risk evaluations in the workshop and onsite
- Documenting potential failures and quality issues, which will include providing feedback to the responsible manager using existing KPI and data recording systems
- Working alongside subcontractors and other technicians onsite, especially regarding safety topics
- Full Documentation per specified requirements for all work and actions taken
Qualifications and experience
You possess a relevant educational background and experience in installation, commissioning, service and maintenance of complex machines or plants. You have a strong technical oriented mindset, are curious, and can quickly understand complex technical systems to find potential technical failures and quality issues. You are structured, consistent and clear with documentation, and follow work procedures in a safe and efficient manner. You are an effective communicator, highly motivated and resourceful, making you effective in navigating different departments, building relationships and teams to solve problems. You are patient and amiable, allowing you to manage workflow on complex tasks involving many specialists and teams. You work well independently and excel at working in teams. You are skilled in both written and spoken English.
Other competencies and personal skills
- Knowledge in enterprise resource planning and document management systems
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong dynamic team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and retirement schemes
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.