We are seeking two experienced Systems Engineers to join the development of the new Hydrogen Fueling products. This role requires good Engineering skills, while you are being the technical systems owner, throughout the product life cycle of the developed product. Our Systems Engineers are accountable, from the technical engineering point of view, during the product development phase, by governing the design that fulfils the product & system requirements and after that ensuring the continued performance, cost, and quality towards the product requirements of the products.
The position is based either in our R&D hub in Vienna, Austria or the R&D Department in Herning, Denmark.
Responsibilities and authority:
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Take the Systems Engineer role in product development.
- Lead the creation of the product design specification, ensuring alignment with the product requirements, and in corporation with the product manager lead the understanding and fulfillment of the requirements within the product life cycle.
- Breakdown the product design specification, into derived module requirements, ensuring a clear vision from the product requirements down to the lowest derived requirement.
- Support the development engineering to understand the general requirements leading to the best possible product design, and when multiple solutions are found select the most valuable for the product.
- Lead the verification of product compliance to the required regulations, codes, and standards.
- Manage the product technical risks towards the requirements, time, cost, quality, and performance.
- As product owner with the technical overview offer support and guidance to colleagues throughout the Nel organization.
- Review and approve product changes to ensure the product integrity towards the requirements, performance, cost, and quality.
- Capturing learnings and improvements bringing them into the next product generations.
Preferred educational background and professional experience:
We expect that you:
- Have an engineering degree or an equivalent education.
- Have experience working with system life cycle processes and activities.
- Have more than 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Have good experience in leading and delegating tasks.
- Have worked with technical product development.
You have a structural way of working and you can handle multiple tasks. Flexible as a person and able to navigate in a dynamic work environment. Apart from that you possess:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good analytical/reflective skills.
- An outgoing personality and knows how to maneuver in a technical organization on all levels.
- A good detail-oriented thinking.
- The ability to see the “big picture”.
- Knows all about troubleshooting.
- Interdisciplinary engineering knowledge.
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company with strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally.
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Competitive salary, as well as a variable incentive compensation plan.
In Austria we are legally obliged to announce at least a gross monthly salary of € 3.603,31/ month for this position. Depending on qualifications and professional experience we offer you a market-based salary
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.