We are seeking an experienced Compressor Engineer to join the execution of the Nel compressor in our Product Integrity Department (PI). The PI department at Nel Hydrogen Fueling focus on fleet performance and product improvements of our hydrogen filling stations. The Department is divided into 4 teams and covers a wide range of technical competencies within both component and compressor development, root cause analysis, reliability, data analysis, diagnostics, and fleet management. The Engineering team in Product Integrity focuses primarily on compressor system development engineering, and on general support to regional fleet responsible teams.
The position is based in our Engineering Department in Herning, Denmark.
Responsibilities and authority:
The position exhibits the following main responsibilities:
- Responsible for crank and power train subsystem of the compressor
- Responsible for crank and power train sub supplier development (part of the Commodity team)
- Offer support to the department globally with 3D CAD, 2D design/documentation
- Responsible for coordination compressor activities in Lab
Preferred educational background and professional experience:
We expect that you possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar – preferably supplemented with a 6-sigma green belt certification.
- +5 years of experience from a compressor, rotating machinery system or component developer/ supplier
- Experience with high pressure tube assembly design and piping system layout.
- Knowledge about configuration of pressure fittings for fluid-power plumbing design.
- Extensive experience with component/system test, verification, and validation – preferably also experience with HALT.
- Experience in fluid power and lubrication system design.
- Experience with 3D CAD design & drawings from power train industry or similar.
- Experience with system and failure mode analysis
You have a structured way of working and can handle multiple tasks. Flexible as a person and able to navigate in a dynamic work environment. Apart from that you tend, as a person, to:
- Be proactive and always looking for improvements, solutions oriented.
- Be analytic and with the ability to have the overview.
- Have good communication skills, cooperation, and presentation skills (in English)
- Be structured and systematic in your approach to tasks.
- Be good in teams/possess excellent cooperation skills.
- Have an outgoing personality who knows how to maneuver in a technical organization on all levels.
- Have a good detail-oriented thinking but still able to see the “big picture”.
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company with strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally.
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Competitive salary, as well as a variable incentive compensation plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.