Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Workplace: In our Irvine, CA business office.
About the position and the department
The Product Integrity department at Nel Hydrogen Fueling focus on fleet performance and product improvements hydrogen filling stations. The Department are divided in to 4 teams and covers a wide range of technical competencies within both component and compressor development, root cause analysis, reliability, data analysis, diagnostics and fleet management.
The Engineering team in Product Integrity focuses primarily on compressor system development, engineering, and general support to regional fleet responsible teams.
As a Mechanical Compressor Engineer, you will play a key role in various tasks and projects supporting the development and implementation of improvements and solutions in the field. Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for crank / power train subsystem of compressor
- Responsible for crank / power train sub supplier development / part of commodity team
- Support the department globally with 3D CAD, 2D design / documentation
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or similar – preferably supplemented 6 sigma green belt certification
- +5 years’ experience from a compressor, rotating machinery system or component developer / supplier
- Experience with high pressure tube assembly design and piping system layout including configuration of pressure fittings for fluidpower plumbing design.
- Extensive experience with component / system test, verification and validation – preferably also experience with HALT.
- Experience in fluid power and lubrication system design.
- Experience with 3D CAD design & drawings from power train industry or similar.
- Experience with system and failure mode analysis
Other competencies and personal skills
- Customer and service oriented.
- Analytic and with ability to have the overview.
- Good communication, cooperation, and presentation skills (in English)
- Structured and systematic
- Good team/cooperation skills
- Behave according to the “Nel Values”.
- Proactive and always looking for improvements, solutions oriented.
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong dynamic team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and retirement schemes
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.