An immediate opportunity exists for a Chemical Technician within the cell stack Manufacturing Department of Nel Hydrogen. This position will require working closely with Technicians and Engineering mixing inks, processing polymer membranes and lamination of electrodes. The Technician II position is full-time, based in Wallingford, CT.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare chemical baths and ink solutions for membrane coating and processing.
- Process raw materials and fabricate electrodes using manual and automated equipment.
- Die cutting and lamination of membranes using heated press
- Assist with implementation of automated processes
- Test incoming material, chemical baths and electrodes using chemical and electrical techniques.
- Communicate with Engineers to help solve issues quickly.
- High School/Technical school diploma
- 2-3 years’ experience working hands on in a chemical or materials manufacturing environment.
- Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and willingness to suggest improvements.
- Knowledge of chemical safety data sheets (SDS) and awareness of safe chemical handling practices.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary environment with high degree of collaboration.
- Strong work ethic with ability to take initiative and meet weekly Production goals.
- Experience working with electrochemical devices a plus.
- Light physical effort with frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials, use of specialty automated equipment.
- Standing and bending required during a typical eight-hour workday.
- Occasionally lifting components up to approximately fifty pounds may be required.
- Possess a full range of manual dexterity to handle chemicals and thin sheets of materials.
- Ability to use hand lift trucks to move materials in, around and out of the area.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What we can offer
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short-term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: FederalEnglish.pdf)