The Cell Stack Product Manager will manage efforts related to the integration, sustaining, and service of PEM based, commercial, electrolyzer cell stack product platforms offered by Nel Hydrogen US. The Cell Stack Product Manager position is full-time, based in Wallingford, CT.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Lead efforts of other engineers or technicians related to the production integration of new methods of manufacture, part designs, or assemblies initially developed by the Technology team. This includes the planning and execution of product validation activities, and creation of required documents or deliverables. The role will also be responsible for ensuring an appropriate amount of collaboration and support is provided for efforts made by the Technology department to design and verify methods of manufacture, part designs, or assemblies.
- Lead efforts of other engineers or technicians to revise existing methods of manufacture, parts, or assemblies. This includes revision of existing cell stack models and drawings. Ensure collaboration with Technology and Production engineers in efforts to revise applicable specifications or process controls and work instructions. This role will also be responsible for leading efforts of others to analyze field returned cell stack assemblies intended to determine the root cause for the failure. This includes collaboration with Technical Service teams, and the generation of customer facing reports. This role will also ensure the support of Production team efforts to repair or rebuild cell stacks.
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 12 – 15 years or experience with electrolyzer cell stack design, development, testing, production, and failure analysis
- Sound understanding of electrolyzer cell stack principles of construction and operation.
- Experience leading or organizing the efforts of other employees.
- Comfortable with teaching others specialized skills, delegating tasks, and motivating others.
- Effective verbal and written communication characteristics when interacting with leadership, delegates, and collaborators.
- Sense of ownership and healthy business urgency for the products and services provided to customers.
- Comfortable with priority setting and management of time.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What we can offer
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short-term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: FederalEnglish.pdf)