Nel is experiencing substantial growth and we are now searching for a motivated and experienced Security Architect to join our IT department and strengthen our security capabilities. The person we are looking for will be responsible for our security architecture and be an integral contributor in our strategic efforts towards cyber security and operations.
The Security Architect reports to the Head of Global IS/IT and will be a member of the IT department’s leadership team and will work across all Nel business units. The position is located at the company’s premises at Skøyen, in Oslo.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for security and target architecture, which in turn will be an important part of Nel's corporate governance
- Integral contributor to strategic measures and initiatives towards cyber security and -operations
- Serve as Nel’s point of contact for security to our clients, suppliers and partners
- Follow up on the delivery Security Service providers including CIRT and MSSP/SOC-services
- Responsible for developing and maintaining security in our systems and in internal and external service deliveries
- Advise on topics and areas related to security architecture and Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Contribute to areas of project deliverance, such as procurement and requirement specifications
- Responsible for securing the information security perspective in requirement specifications and drive risk mitigation in the supply chain
- Ownership of IT risk management and assessments, as well as conducting security tests and maintaining emergency preparedness work
- Responsible for the Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Manage compliance and certification measures and initiatives, and drive governance within the security field
- Communicate security requirements to the business, explaining / justifying requirements and investments
- Higher education, minimum a Bachelor’s degree within computer science/engineering, cyber security engineering, IT, and/or adjacent disciplines
- 5 + years experience within IT architecture and sees the importance of taking an architectural approach to security
- 10 + years experience working with information security
- Good working knowledge of ICT security measures and infrastructure
- Good knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and security frameworks (NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, NIS2 etc)
- Responsible, accurate, structured, committed, and reliable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; an ability to effectively and efficiently formulate complex problems, both orally and written, to a specific target audience
- A good comprehension of the big picture, while maintaining a keen eye for detail on important operational aspects
- Calm and collected with the ability to handle stressful situations
- Personal drive to gain knowledge and increase competencies
- A positive mindset with an interest in collaborating with talented and cross-functional colleagues
Why you should join Nel
- The opportunity to work in a global company in strong growth that contributes to the green transition
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
At Nel, you will join a community where your expertise does more than service a company – it supports a vision. Step into a role where your professional skills will have an impact on the future of green energy. If you share our passion for a better future and to empower generations with clean energy forever, Nel Hydrogen would like to invite you to join our journey as our new Security Architect.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please apply for the role only through the relevant job portals. All emails with documents like resumes &cover letters etc. will be deleted due to GDPR rules.
We only accept and process digitally received applications, through our application system. All applications will be processed continuously.