If contributing to clean energy advancement excites you, Nel Hydrogen would like to invite you to join our journey as our new Legal Counsel.
Nel ASA is searching for a Legal Counsel to strengthen our legal team. Our mission is to contribute to Nel’s success by providing high quality, proactive and practical legal advice and contractual support to assist the business and achieve profitable growth. The legal team work within a wide range of topics, in particular Contract Law, Commercial Law, M&A and Compliance, and we are passionate about developing our knowledge in line with the business growth.
The Legal Counsel will be a central part of the corporate legal team, and you will work on a range of complex commercial and corporate matters. The position reports to the SVP Legal & General Counsel and is based in Oslo, Norway.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Draft and negotiate complex strategic contracts, such as joint venture agreements, consortium agreements, joint development agreements, sales contracts, supplier contracts, framework agreements and financing agreements
- Identify and mitigate contractual risks, both in the tender and project execution phase
- Participate in final review of all contractual and commercial documents prior to contract signature
- Assist in hand-over to the project team for execution of projects and follow-up of the execution/implementation of major projects
- Assist in the monitoring of regulatory developments across the E.U and ensure compliance with requirements following from Nel ASA being a stock listed company
- Build long-term relationships with, coordinate and supervise the work of external law firms
- Provide legal support to the Nel Group on a wide range of corporate matters; including IP, compliance, M&As, ESG, corporate law and governance
- Master of Laws degree
- A minimum of three years’ of relevant experience from a recognized law firm or from working in an in-house legal role (if you have some experience from negotiating and drafting commercial contracts it would be an advantage)
- Experience from Construction/Infrastructure, Renewable Energy or Oil & Gas industry is a plus
- It would be beneficial with experience from and/or interest in one or more of the following areas: M&A, compliance, IP, data protection and privacy, insurance or employment law
- Structured, analytical and focused on details
- An international and commercial mindset with good collaboration skills
- Excellent writing skills, as well as effective verbal communication and influencing skills
- A professional level of English, both spoken and written
- Ambitious and self-motivated with drive and a strong ability to deliver
- Place high value on integrity and has a good understanding of corporate governance
- Willingness to work across geographies and time zones
- Available for occasional short and long-distance travel when needed
What will you get from working with us?
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition
- You will be part of a strong legal team, consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- A key role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment
- Comprehensive insurance and pension package
At Nel, you will join a community where your expertise does more than service a company – it supports a vision. Step into a role where your professional skills will have an impact on the future of green energy.
Work location: Our office is located in Karenslyst Allé, close to all public transport at Skøyen in Oslo.
Contact information: For further information please contact Hilde Wildhagen, Head of Global Talent Acquisition: 986 85 535.
To apply for the position:
We only accept and process digitally received applications, through our application system. All applications will be processed continuously.