Nel Hydrogen is the global leader in on-site hydrogen generation, leading the charge into the new green hydrogen economy. Help make the world a better place. Join a company that is on the cutting edge of new energy innovations, with an energized, progressive culture.
An immediate opportunity exists for a candidate experienced in supporting process equipment. This position interfaces directly with the end customer, as well as with engineering and customer service, to provide a high level of service to our large customer base.
The individual must have experience in a manufacturing and support services environment which has experienced growth and rapidly evolving processes.
- Troubleshoot and solve simple to complex technical issues with gas generators using a logical troubleshooting approach.
- Provide prompt technical support to customer base on a variety of issues by responding to telephone calls, emails, and “in-office” requests.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Create and update support cases/service requests; log all requests and escalate as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of systems.
- Collaborate with engineering team to investigate further when the case is unable to be solved within the specified guidelines; identify opportunities for product improvements.
- Contribute to the knowledge base and actively use the existing documents in the resolution of support cases to help ensure that information is disseminated.
- Stage and test customer systems and applications for in-depth troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Provide factory training on operation, maintenance and service to customers as required.
- Participate in “on-call” after hours support rotation.
- Potential for international travel.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair process equipment, preferably electrochemical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation and manuals.
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting abilities with ability to make data-based decisions.
- Strong customer orientation and dedication
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests while exceeding customer expectations.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Good communication and presentation skills (Written/verbal)
- Demonstrated task prioritization and organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter and motivated.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience, in an engineering or service related role, preferably in a manufacturing organization.
- Candidate should preferably have 1-2 years’ experience working directly with external customers in a support role and be able to provide excellent customer service.
- Experience working with electromechanical devices is a plus.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
What You Will Get From Working With Us
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short-term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: FederalEnglish.pdf)