We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Industrial Sales Manager to drive our business growth in commercial electrolyser sales in North America. You will be Nel’s face in the region and represent a true market and technology leader in a professional, knowledgeable, and trustworthy way. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing – Americas for the Nel Electrolyser Division.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Travels, phones and e-mails throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to develop opportunities and solicit orders.
- Develops and manages a network of distributors and agents in targeted markets.
- Develops and presents sales presentations outlining features and benefits of the company’s products to prospective customers and channel partners.
- Attends trade shows and conferences to market Nel’s products and services to prospective customers and partners.
- Creates sales strategy for targeted verticals, including channels to market.
- Trains channel partner personnel to effectively prospect, qualify and sell equipment.
- Maintains accurate sales development records, and provides contact data, sales projections and expense reporting in a timely and accurate fashion.
- 50% travel expected.
- Other duties as required to successfully perform this role.
- College degree in a technical field or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience.
- Capital equipment sales experience.
- Successful technical sales experience for medium/large sized capital equipment to industrial clients.
- Proven ability to identify new sources of business.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development.
- Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues.
- Detail oriented with strong technical aptitude.
- Independent worker with a sound mix of business and technical knowledge.
- Must be able to utilize word processing, spreadsheet and CRM tools and other commonly used business software solutions.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience using SalesForce a plus.
- Foreign language fluency a plus.
- Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong understanding of gas generators a plus
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What we can offer
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short-term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: FederalEnglish.pdf)