If contributing to clean energy advancement excites you, Nel Hydrogen would like to invite you to join our journey as our new Automation Engineer.
Nel Hydrogen is experiencing substantial growth, and we are now searching for a motivated and skilled Automation Engineer to strengthen our capacity within automation and programming. The person we are looking for will contribute to developing competitive hydrogen systems and work across our different projects. The position reports to the Manager Electrical & Control and can be located in Notodden or Kristiansand.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Design of control system layout and topology
- Programming of new control systems and optimization of existing control systems and HMI systems with Siemens TIA portal and Zenon HMI software
- Write test procedures for software, HMI and system testing
- Testing of automation software and HMI
- Write and design interface specifications
- Support to commissioning teams
- Participation in FMECA, design reviews and other quality assuring activities related to control systems and HMI
- Evaluation and implementation of Cause & Effect matrix
- Participation in HAZOP sessions and implement software improvements requested from HAZOP report
- Input to improvement programs related to control systems and HMI systems
- Support to sales process related to control systems and HMI systems
- B.Sc./MSc in Automation, Electro, or other relevant engineering discipline. Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with commercial products or plant design for senior position
- Graduates will be evaluated for position, Nel is a good company to start the career.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Good Norwegian skills would be an advantage.
- Structured and systematic
- Proactive and self-motivated with high level of initiative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment with high degree of collaboration across locations
- Operational, naturally hands-on with a focus on quality and a strong ability to deliver
- Safety first attitude and behavior
What you will get from working with us
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- You will be part of a dedicated team, consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
- Good development opportunities in a company in rapid growth and a leading position in the market
At Nel, you will join a community where your expertise does more than service a company – it supports a vision. Step into a role where your professional skills will impact the future of green energy.
Work location: Heddalsvegen 11, Notodden or Andøyfaret 31, Kristiansand
To apply for the position: We only accept and process digitally received applications, through our application system. All applications will be processed continuously.