If contributing to clean energy advancement excites you, Nel Hydrogen would like to invite you to join our journey as our new Product Development Engineer, Cell and Stack.
We are searching for a top talented and motivated Product Development Engineer with expertise in in polymer-based materials and fluid dynamics, to join our operations in Norway. The role will be a part of the Product and Process Development department and reports to the Director of Electrode Product and Process Development. The successful candidate will be part of an international team that is at the forefront of water electrolysis innovations.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the development, documentation, and dissemination of understanding regarding our polymer-based components in the electrolysis stack: frames, liners and separators
- Set up infrastructure for validation of new materials / designs and establish cooperation with external parties
- Drive projects focused on the integration of new materials to improve product performance and cost-effectiveness from early development in lab environment to full scale testing in our electrolyser at the Notodden Test Centre
- Implement and standardize new material testing methodologies and lab protocols
- Follow up performance and give field support with existing components
- MSc/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- Proven track record in cell and/or stack development from alkaline-, chlor-alkali electrolysis or fuel cells for industrial applications
- Deep knowledge in polymer materials, their properties, manufacturing methods and applications
- Experience with electrical and mechanical characterisation and validation of materials for membranes and diaphragms
- Experience with risk analysis methods such as D-FMEA and design simulation tools such as CFD, FEM
- Experience working in a multicultural environment and in close cooperation with universities, research institutes and agencies
- Self-driven, analytical and structured
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Solution oriented with excellent time management skills
- Safety- and quality oriented, with a drive for continuous improvement
- Skilled at gaining consensus around own ideas and plans
- A positive mindset with an interest in collaborating with highly experienced colleagues
- Proficiency with English, both written and oral
What You Will Get From Working With Us
- You will be part of a strong team, consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment
At Nel, you will join a community where your expertise does more than service a company – it supports a vision. Step into a role where your professional skills will have an impact on the future of green energy.
Work location: Heddalsvegen 11, Notodden.
To apply for the position: We only accept, and process digitally received applications, through our application system. All applications will be processed continuously.