Nel Hydrogen Electrolyser are now looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Nel's technology department is now hiring. We are looking for highly motivated employees to grow the team. You will play an important role in the development activities and be a part of the team realizing the Nel R&D goals. The position reports to Technology Director at Nel Hydrogen Electrolyser.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Your most important responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Develop concepts and solutions in SolidWorks
- Detailed design- and structural/hydraulic tension calculations
- Develop production blueprints
- Component and material procurement through vendors with necessary follow-ups
- Responsible for the technical design/blueprint archive
Preferred educational background and professional experience:
- BSc/MSc engineering
- High level of proficiency with SolidWorks
- Experienced with mechanical simulations
- Good technical and analytical skills, and experience working in a team setting
- IT knowledgeable with technical competency
- Experience from a fast-paced working environment with the ability shift gears and focus depending on the different work assignments and demands
Personal characteristics and other competencies:
- Self-driven, analytical and structured
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Solution-oriented with a solid business acumen
- Quality conscious, with a drive for continuous improvement
- Skilled at gaining consensus around own ideas and plans, often through establishing effective professional relationships
- A positive mindset with an interest in collaborating with highly experienced teammates and cross-functional colleagues
- Proficiency with English and Norwegian languages, both written and oral
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong Technology-team which contributes to the green transition that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- The opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- We offer a workplace with flexible working hours and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
Work place: Main location will be Notodden or Herøya.
We only accept and process digitally received applications, through our application system. All applications will be processed continuously.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.