Are you passionate about the energy transition? Join us.
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Workplace: The position is located in our Irvine, CA business office.
About the position and the department
The Product Integrity department at Nel Hydrogen Fueling focus on fleet performance and product improvements hydrogen filling stations. The Department are divided in to 4 teams and covers a wide range of technical competencies within both component and compressor development, root cause analysis, system reliability, data analysis, diagnostics and fleet management.
The Advanced Diagnostics and Performance Optimization team in Product Integrity focuses primarily on data analysis, software improvements, fault analysis and reliability engineering – both for own projects but also supporting to regional fleet responsible teams. As a team member for this department you will play a key role in building up analytical models, tools and diagnostics for performance optimization of engineered systems. Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the Advanced Diagnostics and Performance Optimization tasks.
- Responsible for performing required complex data analytic studies for product optimization.
- Responsible for System reliability data and its monitoring across the product fleet.
- Responsible for ensuring timely execution and quality of work for the Team.
- Responsible for supporting Service engineers with product performance measures and data for trouble shooting.
- Supporting product optimization team with reliability metrics and predictive analytics.
Qualifications and experience
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar – preferably supplemented with data engineering and statistical analysis certification.
- +3 years’ experience in product engineering industry OEM or its service provider of engineered systems.
- Experience with statistical analysis for predictive analytics of industrial machinery.
- Experience in Reliability engineering, fault analysis, DFMEA and component life prediction.
- Extensive experience with MATLAB (Mathworks), PowerBI (Microsoft), Grafana and use of Github for digital file management.
Other competencies and personal skills
- Proactive and always looking for improvements, solutions oriented.
- Customer and service oriented.
- Analytic and with ability to have the overview.
- Good communication, cooperation, and presentation skills (in English)
- Structured and systematic
- Good team/cooperation skills
- Behave according to the “Nel Values”.
What will you get from working with us?
- To be a part of a strong dynamic team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- A challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- Get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- Competitive salary and good insurance and retirement schemes
- We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.