An immediate opportunity exists for a highly skilled candidate experienced in manufacturing engineering and acceptance testing. The individual should have strong experience in owning and managing best practices, supporting manufacturing testing activities, development of test procedures, and root cause investigation and analysis. The Manufacturing/Electrical Test Engineer position is full-time, based in Wallingford, CT.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Interact with product development teams to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for manufactured components and systems.
- Support test stands required for production related testing (sub-components, sub-systems, system). Includes requirements development, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Testing and troubleshooting power supplies.
- Evaluate and manage facility infrastructure needs for production testing.
- Develop/maintain work instructions/test plans detailing specific instructions required to produce quality product.
- Author of manufacturing deviations
- Ensure testing procedures follow any required industry specific standards.
- Contribute to the development of improvements to overall testing and quality pro-grams for improved results.
- Identify functional problems identified during production testing and suggest resolutions.
- Analyze/document test results and provide feedback/recommendations for product or design changes.
- Coordinate with vendors or suppliers to modify or develop testing for purchased components.
- Conduct validation testing of new materials, processes, and equipment for production including hydrogen flow, water flow, and pressure tests.
- Actively participate in tracking and resolution of recurring nonconformances (elephant charts) including evaluation/disposition of non-conforming material. Efforts include tracking/management of manufacturing related process/testing deviations.
- In collaboration with product development teams, process Engineering Changes identified during product manufacturing.
- Assist with resolution of inspection issues related to components identified in Product Construction Data File (CDF).
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/mechanical engineering
- 3-5 years of related experience in the manufacturing industry (electrochemical devices, fuel cells, seals, heat exchangers, flow plates, precision components).
- Knowledge of electrical components, PLC, & Siemens controls.
- Ability to work with, diagnose, and resolve issues with electromechanical equipment
- Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment with high degree of collaboration.
- Proven history in supporting manufacturing testing and operations.
- Must be comfortable with integrating new technology into an existing business environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; familiarity with ERP is a plus.
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems is preferred.
- Systematic problem-solving skills, 8D analysis, root cause analysis
- Light physical effort with frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials, use of specialty equipment.
- Standing and bending required during a typical eight-hour workday.
- Occasionally lifting components up to approximately fifty pounds may be required.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Positive Attitude
- Independent decision-making capabilities
- Team Player
- Communication-verbal and written.
- Time Management; priority goals
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
What we can offer
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a short-term incentive program. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer We are an equal opportunity employer-M/F/Disabled/Veteran and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: FederalEnglish.pdf)