About the Department and the job
As our new Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of our R&D Department which consists of 6 teams: Mechanical, Process, System, Electrical, Control/Software and Test/Lab.
The R&D Department at Nel develops complex Hydrogen fueling products and new technologies within its associated range of areas such as Process, Electrical, Mechanical, Prototyping and Testing.
As our Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of the Mechanical development team and report to the Mechanical team lead.
The position is based in Lind close to Herning, Denmark
You are expected to:
Overseeing and driving new mechanical designs on existing and new platforms.
Be responsible for designing the product with best practice in mind both regarding production and design but also regarding commissioning and installation.
In corporation with the team be responsible for Mechanical components/designs used in NEL Fueling and should be able to take a mentoring role when qualifying designs, components, calculations, norms, and standards, all within the Machine and Pressure Directive.
Preferred educational background and professional experience:
Ideally you hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar. On top of that we imagine the ideal candidate will bring:
- Experience from a technology driven company within the field of renewable energy solutions and / or the Oil/Gas industry.
- Several years of experience from a similar role.
- Experienced 3D/2D CAD user. Preferably Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, Autocad, Solidworks or 3D Plant.
- Experience within structural assessments using FEA, structural analysis, fatigue analysis.
- Ability to scope and specify work to internal and external employees.
- Experience with metal and piping fabricators and drawings for fabrication of mechanical piping/tubing systems and structural steel.
- Basic knowledge of electrical distribution equipment, control wiring, and process control.
- Experience with Engineering Change Management systems. (ECM –> ECR, ECO, ECN)
- Experience with developing reliable systems using methods like DFMEA, PFMEA etc.
- Experience with PED, ASME, P&ID.
- Experience with a planning tool such as JIRA or similar.
You have a strong technical- and business-orientated mindset, are curious, and can quickly understand complex technical systems to find organizational and commercially good solutions.
You are structured and innovative, giving you the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
You are result oriented but still hold a strong desire to break existing boundaries and explore new technologies.
You have a structural way of working and you can handle multiple tasks. Flexible as a person and able to navigate in a dynamic and international work environment
Apart from that you possess:
- An eye for detail.
- Good analytical/reflective skills.
- An outgoing personality and knows how to maneuver in a technical organization on all levels.
- A good detail-oriented thinking but still able to see the “big picture”.
- Interdisciplinary technical knowledge.
- Fluent in English both verbally as well as in writing.
- You recognize that meticulousness and high-level quality are the essentials for success in your role.
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company with strong growth and a leading position in the market.
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally.
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition.
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues.
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Competitive salary, as well as a variable incentive compensation plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.